Monday, March 5, 2007

Breaking in the Sewing Machine

Okay, I have to talk about someone else's craftiness today. I wish I had a video camera, it was the cutest and most hilarious thing. My husband was teaching his friend how to sew on the sewing machine. The way he described things was great, you push this button and it squeezes the fabric down, and you can kind of drive it and guide it as you go. One of the best things was the use of a needle nose pliers to remove the pins as he sewed. Apparently their hands were too big and clutsy, so he needed a tool to remove the pins. What are they making? It's a carrying case for a drum TJ bought. They are quite clever in making this out of a big black ditty bag and a laptop case bought at Savers. I'm proud of my husband and his resourcefulness. I love the fact that he has figured out how to use the sewing machine before me, and will end up teaching me the techniques. He loves the sewing machine! Maybe now I will finally have the guts to try to make something.

No comments: