So Jess tagged me, so I'm to list 8 things about myself. Here goes:
1. I like to think that I'm a simple girl, that I don't really "need" too many things. But I have this thing for fancy kitchen stuff. I'm picky, I just won't settle for crappy stuff. On my wish list is a Le Creuset dutch oven- ooh I'd love a red one I think, or orange, or lime green- so many fun choices. I'm such a snob! I'd also love an All-Clad Copper Core 4-Qt. Sauteuse Pan. It would be perfect for deglazing and it cooks so evenly. It's made in America. And I love that it goes from stove top to oven. It's the only All Clad item I want.
2. My next big goal is to learn Spanish. I don't want to do it traditionally. Sam and I hope to live in Guatemala for about a month or two and have a tutor to teach us.
3. The one kitchen item I love is the microplane grater, what a great tool. It zests anything effortlessly.
4. One big risk I'd love to take, but am kinda afraid to is flip a house. I think it would be a lot of hard work, but fun to rip stuff out, make it pretty and sell it. It is such a risk, so many variables. Where to buy, how cheap of a house to buy, can you resell it, is the market good? Stuff I don't know about, but would like to learn. I think Sam and I would make a good team. He knows a lot about the construction stuff, I have the design eye. Maybe someday!
5. I'd love to make art with crazy abandon. It's the other goal/dream I'm working at. I'm trying to cut back on my hours at Target so I can start to pursue this a little more. I want to try to make and sell things on Etsy.
6. I love thrift shops. I especially love the ones that are in little odd towns. They seem to have the best stuff. You know, the dirty smelly ones that have weird stuff, but some gems also. Just this weekend I purchased a few items. You'll have to tell me what you think of them. I'll be posting pics soon
7. I would love to be a more organized person. I keep telling myself this, Sam keeps trying. I lost my cell phone for about 4 days, the sushi guy at Target had it and gave it back to me. His friend found it on the bench outside of Target and thought it was his, oy vey! I just thought I lost my wallet yesterday and was freaking out, only to discover after retracing my steps that it was in my purse all along, just in a different pocket (Sam found it) I lost our digital camera when we were looking at apartments in Eau Claire, must have fallen out of my lap. I don't know how many times I've lost my keys and have searched frantically as I'm trying to get out the door to work, I usually find them in pants pockets. I really would like one of those beeper things on them, kinda like a phone pager. Oh, we were in Sweden shopping one day, I was walking along the street and realized I didn't have my purse. We ran back, luckily an honest person found it in the changing room and turned it in to the cashier. So it's a weakness I need to work on.
8. I have this thing about time. I don't really care 5-10 hey even 15 minutes give or take. If someone is that late or early, who cares. I do realize I live in a country where this doesn't quite fly. That is really one huge reason why living in another country is so appealing to me. Are we all really in such a hurry that 5 minutes makes a difference. I realize if you believe in this philosophy you have to be flexible and it can be a pain sometimes, but I think we as Americans need to chill a bit!