Friday, November 12, 2010

Apples and Randomness





This is going to be a wordy random post!

We just barely squeezed in time to go pick some apples this year. We waited until the last weekend possible. I'd like to dehydrate some and bake a pie and some apple crisp. Next week I plan on cooking, baking, and freezing like crazy!

I know I said I'd be back to posting before, but I really will now. I'm blogging from my house. We finally got internet today- woo hoo! And this tops the list today! I have felt so out of the loop without having access to the internet. August was the last time we were connected at the place we were living. I'm looking forward to getting caught up again with all of my online friends! I got a few concerned e-mails from people wondering where on earth I have been! I've got posts scheduled for all week. So even if the baby comes- this blog will have posts.

The baby isn't here yet, but could come any day! I'm not too anxious quite yet. I still have some stuff I would like to finish first. I did have a melt down before freaking out thinking that if the baby came we were not ready at all. Everyone keeps asking if the nursery is ready. Well, not really but at least we have the essentials now. The room is a mix of my art/crafty stuff and a baby dresser with a changing pad on top. The baby will sleep in our room at first.I have been on an emotional roller coaster lately and doing all of this moving while being pregnant was draining. It's been a little harder to be as laid back and easy going as I would like. I felt like we waited for the last minute to get the essentials. But we have them now and it's such a relief.

I'm thankful for the sweetest dearest friends. We are getting together at least once a week for a book/bible study and again for a craft night. It's so nice to have other crafty people to hang out and connect with. They have been so supportive to me lately and I'm so thankful. It's so nice to have people who "get you." They are the most caring group of women and I feel really fortunate to have met them.

I'm so thankful that we got rid of the boxes. No more visible boxes. Yay! I'm looking forward to having people over now. Last Friday night Sam and I worked and worked and got rid of all the boxes. We still have stuff in storage in two different places. But this place looks a little like a home now. I even hung a few things on the wall. It still has been hard to work on projects because half of my craft stuff is missing. But it is getting there.

Our kitchen floor is clean. It took some serious scrubbing, but the paint is gone. I think other people have confirmed this, but dirtiness and gross things are 10 times more irritating when you're pregnant. So one night in nesting madness I was up until one scrubbing the floor.

I just finished up all the volunteer work I was doing. Some prayers were answered and I feel good now about easing up a bit. I handed it over and that took a load off for me. I love doing it, but it has been really stressful and hard lately and I was having trouble letting go of it.

I am sick right now. It's not fun to be sick and pregnant, it's hard enough to sleep at night, but add coughing fits and a sore throat in the mix and sleep is scarce. The good thing is that the baby sweater I'm knitting is getting some progress! I am going to take it easy now. I'm really looking forward to a relaxing week.

I just gathered all the fabric and supplies to make some receiving blankets and a quilt. I hope to get some good progress with that this weekend. I also want to do some sort of artsy wall hanging for the baby room.

I'm so excited to find out if this little baby inside of me is a boy or a girl. I can only take so much orange, yellow, and brown! I want to know if we can buy little flannel shirts for a mini Sam, or if I can make little ruffly skirts and dress up a little girl in all the vintage girl clothes I've been hoarding.

I love my yoga class. It's so relaxing and feels so good. Our teacher Cara gives good tips on feeling better.

Ok, time for supper. The posts this week are heavier on pictures, lighter on words. Take care everyone, I hope you all have a good relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Cottage Mommy said...

So fun to see another post from you! Love to you this weekend! I need to get your sewing machine back to you too!