Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring is in the Air


Daffodils! And a new, chipper outfit right off the target sale rack! $5 skirt + $13 sweater!

I had a wonderful day off yesterday. Here is what I'm enjoying lately:

*all the steals, deals, and finds (goodwill and target)
*buying some new art supplies (sponge, brayer, gel medium, silver glitter, white gel pen, canvas)
*discovering Pacific Coast Crafts (would like to take a class, but after Jess' story I'm a little hesitant. they offer a wide range of sweet classes things from upholstery, to Norwegian Hardonger to Amy Butler bags to Victorian style corset making. See why I'm a little leery?)
*baking fresh bread
*making microwave caramel corn
*basically eating unhealthy altogether

Now for the steals, deals, and finds:



I was looking for these after X-mas, but I didn't find any that fit me. My other slippers are getting quite ratty, so I was pleased to find these at Goodwill for $1.49


I've been drinking coffee all winter out of a green mug. Here is a more fresh, happy mug for spring ($0.49) sitting atop a saucer I found about a year ago in Eau Claire, not knowing what I would do with it, now they make a happy pair!

Linda and Dennis came to visit and we had quite a lovely time, and she bought me this tea pot, isn't it lovely?

I just couldn't pass this up. It's a bit gunky on the inside, so it will work quite nicely for my crafting endeavors and looks great in my craft area!

And no trip to a thrift store would be complete without a few vintage pillow cases! I'm thinking of making a quilt out of them.

What was I thinking? Well I was a child of the 80's- the phrase and that heart handle, I just had to!

This book is so rad! It shows how to embroider any flower under the sun. We'll see if it gets used. I found it at half priced books. At first I passed it up, but when I saw it in Michaels for $20, I decided to go back and grab it for $3



I am truly loving embroidery! I really want to get into it. You just have to click on the picture below to see just how perfect this lady's handiwork is. I'm thinking it would be cool to collect a bunch of day of the week towels and make a quilt. I just get them all dirty and ruin them if I actually use them, and I don't like having them purely for display.

Heather Bailey is by far the most talented lady ever! Look what she did! So creative! And she is featured in this months issue of Mary Engelbreits Home Companion (love that mag.) You can find more of her photos on her flickr images.


Isn't this the most darling, creative kids jacket you have ever seen? It makes lovely use of vintage linens and the crocheted edging!

1 comment:

swell.life said...

The embroidered towel is a hoot. Your lamp looks fabulous, and I can't wait to see what you do w/ that cute, colorful pillowcase.