Monday, July 21, 2008

Feeling Sentimental









Cakes are baking, the lodge is mostly clean. I'm just admiring the flowers here. I will truly miss all the flowers and picking fresh herbs from the garden. I've just taken the buds off of the lavender I dried. It's surprisingly easy and rewarding. This is the first time I've done any gardening. It's been so fun seeing what pops out of the earth. It's such a joy when you take over a garden because everything is a surprise (at the same time challenging to figure out what everything is!). I am just amazed how each week something new is blooming. This area is so lush and I am thankful for the climate I'm in because I'm definitely a beginner here and it doesn't take much work to make it look gorgeous. I will miss sitting on the front porch staring at the mountains. I will miss gazing at the stars on a clear night from the hot tub. I will miss the peacefulness, hearing the birds chirp in the morning and our secluded view- nothing but trees and mountains all around. For all the complaining I've done, it is truly gorgeous here in July, just as I was told. The sun shines bright, a bit of a breeze makes it bearable, not too many bugs and the temperature drops in the evening. I love sitting rocking, reading on the front porch and wrapping up in a blanket as the sun goes down.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I understand why you're leaving but I am sad that I never got to come and visit you there especially now when you described it so beautifully. I'm excited to see you in August. Can you believe it's been almost a year since we've last seen each other? Crazy. Miss you and see you soon.

Linda said...

Becca, Your flower pictures are beautiful. The blue of the hydrangea is amazing.

Leslie said...

Im a total lurker.. but found you through Jen's blog when you first moved there... and enjoyed your journey...

so sad your leaving too...