Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bambi in the Backyard

We really don't deserve to be living here. I just have to show you what happened yesterday while unpacking my plates. I saw this out of the corner of my eye. Is that a dog?
No, it's a deer
Hello girl! We just stopped and both stared at each other for a few minutes.

As soon as I went outside to take a better photo, I found her just calmly sitting there, looking quite placid. I could have mistaken her for a lawn ornament.
I don't know if you remember Otis [the bear], but I prefer Bambi for sure! So now you get a little taste of what you will find if you visit and sit on the back patio. We also see wild turkeys, and birds of course!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun! i love when you see animals in the backyard! =)

hope the unpacking is going well!!! that can be a big pain!

JSchaller said...

THAT is your backyard?!?! It's gorgeous!! I heard you were moving again. Hope you are happy and cozy in your new place!

Andrea Jean said...

Becca, that is pretty cool! Maybe she'll come back on Wednesday! =)

bethany said...

Oh, she is absolutely the sweetest little deer ever! I wish you could have petted her :)

amanda said...

ahh. bambis scare me. however, i kind of dig how she is just hanging out in your backyard. taking a breather and all.

Cowgirl said...

Deer are the sweetest things and it is so moving to make eye contact with them. I dont even get really upset when they eat all my gourmet lettuces and leave the romaine -- we all gotta eat.