Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall Centerpiece



This seemed so cool in my head, and yet I feel like it turned out mom-ish. I thought stitching around the edges would make it more hip. I'm not so sure. This is supposed to be a little table runner you can place your centerpiece on. I have one more idea in my head. (You know my new philosophy- yes I'm going to make it. I'm not giving up.)

Finally, I'm feeling brave enough to list some things on etsy that I've made. I really would rather be selling stuff I make, but really it's so much easier to sell vintage items. My feelings don't get hurt if some vintage item doesn't sell because I wasn't responsible for making it. But the whole point is to sell handmade. I'm feeling like I'm kinda getting a sense of my style.

I'm also learning while designing and making things that it takes 3 takes to perfect something. This is really hard to deal with. I want it to be just right the first time. But now I just kinda accept that if it's a new idea it takes a few takes.

On another note, I'm really wanting to say some bad words because I shelled out a lot of money to get the lens cleaned on my camera and now I see a little black spot on that first picture- argh! I've been really good with putting my camera away and keeping it clean. So maddening!

I have more to share tomorrow!

3 comments:

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

I think it's really cute (though I'm not sure I'm the most stylish person you could ask - but I still like it!) And I agree, selling handmade is tough, especially when you can see every single imperfection in your work!! But I'm looking forward to seeing more things you've made!

Amy said...

i like that you're going for it! You are so brave. Your stuff is cute, just keep it "you" and you'll get there. Thanks for inspiring me to make stuff, too!

Paz said...

Hi there!! I am so glad you liked the ATC card, I am now working on two more swaps(I think I am addicted) My boyfriend rang me and told me that my package came today, so I will be adding them to a blog post this weekend. Love your fall crafts by the way:) My most favorite time of the year.