Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Long Week

I have to admit, it's been a tough week. Monday Luna had a rough night, and I was running out of patience. It was one of those nights that I had to just leave the room and let her cry and go into the bathroom because I was out of patience! I started volunteering again on Tuesday. It felt good to get back in the swing of things. But our truck isn't working, so I needed a ride. I was supposed to ease back into it, starting out working just in the morning- well it turned into a whole day. That was fine and great, because I love what I do- (and I need to do a post and explain and share more about it here on my blog.) I forgot my lunch. It was much harder to make my phone calls and assist people with a baby. Stress + Lack of Sleep + Not eating = My three migraine triggers. Tuesday night we went to the community dinner at our church. Sam had worship practice, so he didn't get home until 10 pm.

love this picture our friend took of the worship practice on Tues.

I had kiddos coming to my house Wednesday morning to make Valentine's and I had a terrible migraine Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. I was so looking forward to it, so I didn't want to cancel. So I rested/forced myself to get it all done. Luna woke wide awake between 4:00 and 5:00 am and Sam spent time with her, rocked her and got her back to sleep. I think he even went into work a little later than he was planning. That was so helpful! Everyone came and we had a great time decorating the cookies. Thankfully my migraine disappeared by the time everyone came (I love caffeine.) It just wasn't organized and all ready the way I imagined it to be in my mind. I was supposed to make a cake for a friends birthday, that didn't happen. By midweek I was wearing out. Surprisingly, Thursday I had a great day.

Can you believe my friend just moved into her house this weekend and made it look this cute for hosting a party by Thursday?- amazing!

I haven't been spending much time with God lately and that also just makes a huge difference. I spent some time praying Wednesday and it's just amazing the strength, love, and peace that God gives. Thursday Sam was practicing bass with a different band, so again he was home late. He usually has Fridays off, but this week he had to work Friday and Saturday. It hasn't really felt like much of a weekend. Sam's mom watched Luna for a few hours and we slipped away for a little date. I had a yummy Ahi Tuna Sandwich at Twigs. It was nice to get a chance to reconnect with Sam.

The weather has been warmer and we've been going on walks with Luna in the stroller. The walks have been giving us an opportunity for good conversation. Having a baby changes everything, obviously so it's been good to get outside and spend time together. After the walks and talks we have I realize how much I miss talking to my husband. I'm so thankful the days are lasting a little longer so we can sneak these walks in at dusk. I love the winter, but I've spent this one cooped up more than ever so it's refreshing to get outside again.

You didn't think you'd make it through this post without seeing a picture of this cute face, did you? It is hard to be mad or lose patience with that gummy little grin of hers

In some ways it's easier and I've gotten used to Luna- but weeks like this are bound to happen.

And I've been wanting to post on here. I'm sure anyone else who blogs can relate- I dream up millions of posts in my head and then life keeps happening and I get further and further behind. I really want to post every day but it's just so hard with Luna! I could have sugar coated this post and made this week look magical. I could have done a cute post of the cookies we made on Wednesday, or the fun birthday party with friends on Thursday. (I still want to share the cookie pics with you on here) It was a good week-a full one- but also so rough. I just wanted to keep it real on here.

Next week might not be much better. Sam is recording with his band Tuesday and it will be another busy week at work for him. He tried to fix the truck but it's still not working, so I'm without a car. I'm so glad that he gets to play music so often because he's really passionate about it. I'm thankful he has friends to jam with. It's just hard to have the long days without him. This week I'm starting it out being mindful of keeping God the focus rather than the afterthought- which is so often sadly the case. God is so good. And you can't feel too sorry for me because I'm blessed with an amazing group of friends who are sweet and offer to give me rides.

We've never been good about doing much on Valentine's day- we usually have an overnight getaway around February as a Valentine celebration. I still need to plan that. Tomorrow I hope to cook something yummy and maybe make a fancy dessert or something. I don't think either of us have plans for tomorrow night so I think it will be a fun night. I actually look forward to Mondays because Monday and Fridays are the only days we have nothing going on in the evenings.

I hope you spend tomorrow with people you love! Happy Valentine's Day and lets hope you see more posts this week!

PS If you're noticing the nice big pic size, I'm going to share tomorrow how easy easy it is to do this and I"m so excited to give this blog the much overdue design rehaul soon.  I LOVE the new blogger changes, so great!

5 comments:

JSchaller said...

You're right about us all having similar weeks, so thanks for keeping it real. I always feel like a failure at living beautifully after reading so many blogs like yours! I'm glad to hear that there's some bumps in the road for such capable friends! (Is that terribly rude of me to say?!?)

Is Luna possibly teething? Margaret has been chewing on everything in sight and drooling through bibs and outfits for 2 months now, but still no "eruptions". Hyland's teething tablets are a God-send!

Blessings on your upcoming week, and thanks for the reminder to keep God in our focus, rather than the after-thought. I always need to do better in that department!

Cottage Mommy said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough week last week! You totally could have canceled cookie decorating and we all would have understood! Just so you know you pulled it off beautifully! We were all so blessed! Love, love that photo of Luna and her gummy smile! Love you friend and hope this week is better!

Becca said...

I know you guys would have understood- and I don't want to make you feel bad. I would have but it miraculously disappeared by 9:00 am- otherwise I would have cancelled. I would have been too sad!

You guys made my week 100 times better!

Chantel Monet said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough week! Migraines make everything so much harder! I really hope we get to spend some time together soon! At least for a walk if nothing else!

Ps.. Luna's gummy grins are the absolute best!

Unknown said...

Nice post. It’s really informative for the followers and users of this site like me. I like the way you describe this. Thanks for sharing. . .
international movers in patna.