Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Days of Gratefulness: Day 5

Today I'm having to dig a little deeper for the gratitude.  We are feeling overwhelmed by the amount of work that needs to be done to our house.  I am thankful for the opportunity to work on it, and I am hopeful.  I stood at the top of our stairs in our attic and imagined myself sitting at a table overlooking Spokane and painting.  It will be wonderful.  And I imagined the tall steep stairs painted with a fun quote.  I'm hoping to get the attic cleared out soon.

 I am thankful for a washer and dryer.  This is so huge.  We got an awesome one  that can add steam to the washer and dryer.  This makes washing the diapers a breeze.  It's also fabulous for making sure thrift store scores are clean.  I did the smell test, and I thought it passed, but by the time I got an orange beach towel home it was a little musty smelling.  I washed in a regular washing machine and had it out in the sun for a while, but it still smelled a bit.  After running it through the sanitize cycle in our washer it smells oh so fresh.  It also has a huge capacity, so I can really wash a lot of clothes at once.  It's also awesome because it doesn't use much water at all, which makes the tree hugger in me happy.  We save $80 a month by having a washer and dryer, and I get an extra day at home each week.  Good bye laundromat.

I am thankful for friends who happen to have awesome furniture in their garages.  (Thank you Courtney)  I am having fun folding fabric and storing my milk glass collection in an awesome green hutch.


 I'm thankful for skype.  It makes it easier that my family lives so far away.  Luna will grow up thinking people live in the computer!
I am thankful for Luna's little friend Gage.  They are finally old enough to start playing together.  They were killing me with their cuteness!
I am thankful for a girl who went to bed early (8:00 pm) and the extra hour we get tonight.  It is the best night of the year in my opinion!  I need the extra hour tonight for sure!

Aren't you proud of my blogging frequency?  I'm thankful to be back in the swing again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really appreciate it, I will visit whenever I have found the stuff That I have been searching for in all the web for, keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing. . .
Car transportation services.