Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Double Bike Delight





We took a ferry over to Madeline Island for a day. We rented a tandem bike. That was a lot of fun! We always wanted to do that. It was a little tricky at first. Sam started out steering and I was in the back. Boy was that a mistake. I steered on the way back and it was much more smooth sailing. I'd like to think that it was because I was taller, but just maybe it had something to do with the weight! I'm sad that we didn't get a picture of both of us riding it. Literally two seconds after a woman offered to take our picture on it my camera died. We wanted to sea kayak, but we didn't have quite enough time or money, I think we want to just buy a kayak! I also made my very first altered book while I was there. It's such a fun way to keep memories from a trip. I brought a tiny box of supplies with me and I bought the book at a thrift store there. I still have to print my pictures to put in it,but it was practically finished before we even got home. I love journaling in it as I go along, journaling is the one thing that I always want to do (especially for scrapbooking) but hardly ever get to, until I completely forget all the fun little memories and it's too late!

1 comment:

swell.life said...

Oh what happy memories! Madeline Island is definitely a place I would love to venture back to...Those family vacays seem so long ago. :( Wish your camera wouldn't have died. YOu'll just have to rent a tandem bike again sometime.