Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fun to Camp Again






It was fun to camp again. Right after our summer of camping, some of our friends all went to the Boundary Waters together. The Boundary Waters is always great, don't get me wrong, but I was all camped out. I was sick of working to get my water, no showers, no toilets, the charm had warn off. After that experience I was afraid that camping would never quite be the same for me. So it was great to enjoy it again! We even got to camp for free, no one ever came to pick up money and there was no place to leave any. It was a primitive site, very beautiful right on Lake Superior called LaPointe DeTour. We had our own private swimming area. It was so very relaxing. Sam and I had a great time walking along the water, climbing over the giant rocks. I always filled my pockets with rocks, and then proceeded to weigh Sam's down! I'm turning into my dad!

No comments: