Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Afternoon Snack

I finally had enough of my very own basil to make pesto. It all just looked so pretty I wanted to take a few pictures. It's pretty simple basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan- thrown together and blended- yum!


And I need to share this iced tea because it is to die for. I love it, not too sweet, but not bitter.

Of course it's from Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook. I love Ina!

Super simple, here is the link for the Herbal Iced Tea:

-4 celestial seasonings red zinger tea bags
-4 celestial seasonings lemon zinger bags
-4 cups of apple juice

You steep 4 cups of boiling water in the 8 tea bags. Add the apple juice- chill, and voila- so good! I plan on experimenting with other teas mixed with apple juice, I think it will be good. And I love angry chickens concentrated tea idea- so smart because we go through this too fast!

And of course, I wanted an excuse to show off my newest thrift store table cloth- and I don't think I've shared that little serving tray before!

3 comments:

swell.life said...

all such cuteness. wish i could come over!

Dr. Heidi said...

That tea sounds really good, I'm going to have to try it!

Jenny said...

I'm loving the 70's style pitcher and other 70's-ish stuff. And I'm not a huge fan of iced tea but this sounds pretty good and Ina is my favorite on the food network so I guess I will have to give it a try.