Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekend of Work

I'm still waiting on some fun fabric to arrive in the mail to cover the seat of the now turquoise chair.

I considered painting the whole chair, but I can't get too carried away with the spray paint. I also discovered a new miracle product- mineral oil and furniture polish. I thought I would have to completely sand our butcher block, but after a coat or two of mineral oil it's looking good.


If you have known me forever, you might remember this director's chair. It marked the beginning of my treasure hunting/thrifting passion. I bought it at a garage sale when I was in 7th grade. Sadly I don't have the picture of the Under the Sea fabric that it had before. It was also one of my first sewing projects. If this didn't get finished soon, it was going to be thrown out. Now we have some outdoor seating. There are also about 4 more projects in the works. It was so extremely hot this weekend it was hard to paint. I am thankful it rained last night and has cooled tremendously.
This was a quick transformation. I was considering ditching this piece of furniture, or completely painting it. After painting the hardware with a metallic chrome I now love it.


I don't know if it's because I was stressed, or just plain crazy, but just about everything in sight was painted. It felt good to get some of this done, some of these ideas have been in my head for a year or more. After doing all of this, I always wonder why it takes me so long to do these projects. So many of them only take a few minutes.

Other exciting news, I finally tackled the room where I work. It now has air conditioning :) and I can walk through it. I might even invite someone in there. Sam even came in last night. (The air conditioning might have had something to do with that.)

2 comments:

bethany said...

Completely gaga for that typewriter... :)

Thanks for the glimpse into your abode, it's a fabulous space!

Dr. Heidi said...

Good work on all the projects Becca! The blue chair looks really good. I need to work on some decorating projects this summer too!