Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tired, but Happy




This season turned out to be busier than I thought it would. Isn't that life? I didn't get to all the places I thought I would. I love this time of year. I really do. I love the decorations, love the music, love the food, love the gatherings- hate the stress and craziness. Last night it was really nice to slip away, escape craziness and spend time with Sam. We headed first to the thrift store (it really is our favorite kind of shopping) and then we went to the Flour mill and into Chocolate Apothecary- heaven on earth! If you have seen Chocolat, this is the real deal. Their hot chocolate is amazing. I got the Mayan blend, it has cayenne pepper in it, so at the end of each sip their is a nice spiciness- oh it's good. Then we went to Auntie's bookstore. I picked up Builders of the Pacific Coast (if you follow the link you'll see pictures in the book) I can't wait to pour over it. It's filled with little 2 page spreads of handmade shelters- vans, yurts, cob houses, stone houses, log cabins, structures made of driftwood. It's a collaboration of hippie homes at their finest. Nice, cozy little unique buildings.

Alrighty, enough procrastination. Gotta go pack up and get ready. We're flying out tonight and will be in freezing Minnesota in the morning. I hope you can relax and celebrate Christ's birth with loved ones!

No comments: