Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Smoothies


The gross and the good. Since I have an abundance of fruit and veggies on hand I'm trying to be more creative with my smoothies. I've fallen in love with green smoothies. I make them with fruits I've frozen from trips to Green Bluff. When I was pregnant I always added some protein powder. Now that I don't choose the fruits and veggies we buy, I don't have quite as much freedom. I love spinach in my fruit smoothies, but I got romaine lettuce in my basket. It tastes a little more leafy, but I can handle it. If you're new to green smoothies, start with baby spinach! I was feeling adventurous and decided to make an all veggie one. I knew it would be oh so healthy. I'm usually good with stomaching things. This smoothie made me gag! I had to toss it!
The Gross One:
1/2 cucumber
2 carrots
1 apple
water
I wasn't done with my veggie attempt. I tried a new one and I love it
The Good One:
2 carrots
2 oranges
1 apple
a good chunk of ginger
orange juice
frozen peaches (optional)

It tastes great, even without the peaches!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Personally, the "gross" smoothie wasn't that bad, it just tasted like I was drinking a cucumber. But I couldn't finish it either.

Unknown said...

I really appreciate this post and information as well, I never seen such type of post thanks a lot for sharing with us. . .
reliable packers and movers delhi.