Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Different Perspective

I truly think that we have been suckered into thinking that consumption brings happiness.  People are starting to pick up on the fact that that is not so fulfilling, which is why it's becoming trendy to be green and to live simply.  It is more fulfilling to help other people and spend time with them.  At least this is what I'd like to think the reason for living simply is.  Next week I'm going to try to show you a different perspective on consuming and why we have decided to try to live more simply.  Please, please, take the time to look at these links.  They may change your mind, or just help in understanding why Sam and I are as crazy as we are!

This video is called The Story of Stuff

This video takes maybe 20 minutes to watch, but it is very informative.  It gives a big picture of the way things come into being and how we dispose of them.  It is a little bit like listening to a lecture, but overall I think it's a good lecture.  I'm not sure what I think about that flame retardant stuff, if you watch this, tell me what you think.  I kinda think they may be overboard with that stuff about the pillows, but then again, maybe I'm just ignorant about it.  More links to come!  I'd love to hear what you think, please leave a comment with your thoughts.

No comments: