Tuesday, December 4, 2007

{Day 4}

Day 4:
Go to Borders and each pick out a Christmas CD

So I'm thinking there are good ones on Metafilter I saw. They recommended
Relient K's "Let It Snow Baby... Let It Reindeer" and Sufjan Stevens' "Songs For Christmas" box set. What do you think, any good ones? I do like the good old standbys, but I want some new fresh fun music. AND- I have all the good classics on the Time Life Treasury Christmas Set {Sam laughed when I told him I was looking for it, but it's a good set}, but I can't find it. I have some CD's that have been missing since we moved to Winter Park, and I didn't get those on our Ipod, that was before the time of the Ipod. So I'm very sad about that. But, VERY HAPPY that I'm not working in a retail store this year to hear the same set of Christmas tunes over and over. I can control it. And we're kinda hermits over here, so it's nice to be away from the madness this time of year! Of course, this activity will have to be saved for our one day off a week. This advent calendar was quite tricky because of this schedule.

Some things I'm enjoying:

*going on solo hikes at the state park
* Reading
Finished my book last night.
The Memory Keeper's Daughter- really loved it (found it at a thrift store for fifty cents, can't beat that, I think it's a store where a group of rich bookclub women discard their books. They had a few other copies, along with several copies of The Pearl, Where the Heart Is, That Ya Ya Sisterhood book- whatever it's called- so I'll definitely go back there for some books)
Going to start reading A Year in The World Journeys of A Passionate Traveller by Frances Mayes. I loved Under the Tuscan Sun, so I'm looking forward to this. It's been so long since I've been able to finish a book this quickly
Sam picked up The Anti 9-5 Guide practical career advice for women who think outside the Cube by Michelle Goodman at the library- that was one of the first things he did when he got here- he signed up for a library card. And he was SO THRILLED that he could put one on his key ring!
*enjoying simplicity of eating ice cream (never could have it living in the van, and our freezer wasn't cold enough in Eau Claire
*enjoying making things
*spending time with God
*spending time with Sam
*cooking with sage, rosemary, oregano from my herb garden! love that!
*composting scraps of food, and bringing a bag with me everywhere I shop
*not drinking pop- I'm really trying to seriously quit
Our snowman totally melted- snow is all gone. still green!
*no crazy storm-yeah
*the group that is here is world vision- hoping to learn more about them- and they're the south america division. i'm thinking this might be my connection to living in a spanish speaking country! it's so cool how God works- He keeps sending Christian groups our way
*cooking for this group- sometimes stressful [tiny kitchen-not well epuipped] kinda fun
*getting netflix- sam had to get Northern Exposure- he hadn't seen it, do you guys remember that show? He had to see it because the log cabin in it and a lot of it was filmed right here where we live (not our cabin, but one in the same town) and I guess the cafe too I think. That was kinda a fun memory. What were some TV shows you liked back in the day? Party of 5, Life Goes On, Punky Brewster. It's kinda fun to go back and watch them and how cheesy they are now!

Our snowman totally melted- snow is all gone. The grass is still green!

No comments: